Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Imam n makmum

Leading congregational prayers whether as Imam or just following the imam as makmum, carries a heavy burden of responsibilities.
The imam must be familiar not only with rules of sembahyang jemaah, but he should also be able to recite Quran with 'tartil' that is reciting the Quran with proper ' tajwid' and 'makhraj'. As Imam to my wife, I used to get complains from her.
'Apa abang ni sebut huruf pun tak betul, huruf sin jadi sod, huruf tak ada qalqalah baca qalqalah, yang ada qalqalah tak baca' ( thank you sayang for being a responsible makmum) , now I feel comfortable reading Quran after I have attended and completed a five years tajwid course at Masjid Sungai Ara .
I went to Masjid Sg. Ara with my daughter every Sunday six years ago 'bertalaqi' with Ustaz Saidin. She did not finish the course but I know Syima can recite Quran well and with 'tartil', she once represented her school in one of the Inter-School Quran reading competation held at Sekolah Rendah Bayan Lepas Pulau Pinang.
Shalat berjemaah at masjid can sometimes be embarrassing for the makmum. The Imam should inform the jemaah beforehand if he wants to do a sujud tilawah in the first rakaat. We are familiar with Surah as- Sajadah but not with other surahs which have the sujud tilawah.
What happened during one of the shalat subuh( bukan pagi Jumaat) was that the Imam recited the surah which had the sujud tilawah, and after the takbir he went down and did the sujud tilawah. Ignorant of the surah I did the ruku' (I did not know what's happenning because I close my eyes during shalat to attain khosoo') thinking that the imam was doing the same. I incidently opened my eyes and really terkejut badak, I was the only one dok tengah ruku'.
'Apa la tok imam ni bagi la tau dulu kalau nak buat sujud tilawah! Kita bukan alhafiz' I grumbled.
I asked my friends after the shalat, rupa-rupa nya I was not the only one yang tekena.
One of my friends gave this cynical remark:
' Tu la orang suruh belajar tak mau belajar'


Message: Fuad, Fadhli, Fikri - rajin2 sembahyang dan baca Quran. Baca Quran dgn bertajwid fardho ain

3 comments:

  1. ececece..panggil mak 'sayang'.. ;) hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post, this one....complete with 'pesanan penaja' at the end ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tot dat closing eyes during solat is considered as makruh. u'll missed wut the imam did.

    ReplyDelete