Thursday, March 26, 2009

doctor

I visited the doctor for the second time at Sungai Dua government clinic a week ago bringing along the results of my blood test and my final BP reading which I collected from one of the nurses of the same clinic. On my first visit I complained to the doctor of slight numbness on my left arm beginning from the elbow down to the fingertips. Although the numbness had since disappeared but the phenomena worried me and this was what brought me to get to see the doctor.
I think most men shun the doctor because they don't like to be told they are suffering from some kinds of ailments or diseases. What I dread most is to have to swallow in two to three kinds of medicine on a regular basis.
My BP readings as told by the doctor was okay. The first reading taken three weeks before the appointment was 140/90 which was high, but it dropped to 130/80 on the fifth reading taken just minutes before seeing the doctor. Unfortunately my blood sugar and cholesterol levels were high so much so that doc suggested I be put under medication to lower my cholesterol as well as a diabetic patient. How come I am a diabetic, all this while I make sure only a small amount of sugar is added into my drinks or sometimes no sugar is added at all. I'm quite doubtful, and I think I need a second opinion on this important matter. I told the doctor not to put me under medication yet and asked for her advice on reducing blood sugar level the natural ways. Yes, I need to do regular exercise and consume foods or drinks containing less sugar and eat more fruits or veges. I will again do the check-up in three months time.
I go to Bukit Jambul every alternate day now, spending about 40 minutes scaling the lower slope up and then down. Bukit Jambul has its highest peak but it's too high for me, my knees are not that strong anymore to climb it to the top.
I don't know yet whether doing this can help reduce the sugar level or not but for sure it makes me feel really fresh, healthy and fit after the climbing. 40 minutes is more than enough to make my body completely drenched with sweat. The feeling is really wonderful. Alhamdulillah.

10 comments:

  1. While sugar content in one's blood relates directly to the amount of sugar consumption, it is not the only contributing factor as a whole range of other issues can also come into play. Vigorous excercise, while good for a healther well-being, doesn't guarantee low sugar content in the body system. I'm no doctor (not even close to it)... but perhaps all you need is just a light but regular [istiqamah] excercise regime to complement your already healthy eating habit, and that should tackle all your health concern in no time. Insya-Allah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuad bodek lar tuh... Wierd.. there's no way u could have high cholesterol level and blood sugar.. All this while, I can see u controlled your sugar & cholesterol intake.. or maybe u senyap-senyap go to Subaidah for nasi kandar :P.. ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh, being diabetic is not just caused by sugary intake. even you eat balanced diet but do not work out/exercise, the chance of getting it still high. If u eat so much sugar but work out regularly, less risk of getting diabetic, trust me. dont just after seeing disastrous medical check up results, u only start working out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like bangah said, mesti u go senyap2 to pelita or subaidah and eat your favorite food like sotong. sotong is 80% cholesterol u know.
    better eat like mum did, ikan and ikan forever. ikan hv lots of omega 3 that will lower you cholesterol. eat also oat every morning for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaahh.. ramainya doktor kat sini.. hehe.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha..
    just a bunch of people who loves him dearly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am i included? Feels like a stranger in a strange land :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are invited. Friends and foes. There will be enough for everyone. Insha'allah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. if your sugar intake is still high, u can try taking 'Peria' and other bitter fruits. Peria supplements are available at pharmacies in various brands.
    With so many people concerned about u, may Allah SWT bestow upon u a good n healthy life :)

    ReplyDelete